April 26, 2011

Parenting Books







I have found some very useful information in all three of these books, and I can honestly say I am a much better parent, and maybe even a better person, because of them all. Sometimes when reading parenting books, though, I get an impending sense of doom. Is it even possible to raise a caring, compassionate, creative, competent person these days? Our kids are bombarded with images of materialism, sexism, and violence. I try to monitor what goes into my little people, because I believe it has a direct result on what comes out, but I remember being the kids that wasn't allowed to watch the movies all the other kids watched, or stay out late like all the other teens and I was miserable. Some days it feels like being a parent is a losing battle, but it's still worth every single fight!


No comments:

Post a Comment